Planning an event at Happiness Hills is an exciting process! We have several options, so scroll through and see which might best fit your needs. The rates listed here are for events that include up to 100 guests. An event of above 100 persons, not to exceed 150, or one with additional requirements must be individually negotiated in view of space limitations, parking and services needed.
About Deposits: A security deposit is required to confirm a reservation. The remainder of the rental fee is due at check-in.
About Taxes: Taxes will be added as required (KY sales tax 6% and transient tax 1%).
Local Service Providers: Need advice about flowers, seating, music, catering, or anything else associated with a large event? Here’s our downloadable list of providers we know and can recommend: HHF Event Planning Guide
THE BARN – SINGLE DAY: $300, plus $40 security deposit
This rate is for a basic single-day party/event in the Barn, with no prior day access or post-day cleanup required. Renters are generally allowed access to the Barn after 10:00 am on the day of rental, and must be cleaned up and out by midnight.
THE BARN – ONE DAY PLUS SET-UP: $450, plus $40 deposit
This rate is for a basic single-day party/event in the Barn, with prior day access after 3pm OR post-day cleanup before noon. No lodging is included in this price.
Guests renting the Barn also have access to Hill House Ground Floor, which contains a full kitchen and two bathrooms. Tables and chairs for up to 50 people are available at no additional charge. No overnight lodging is included in Barn-only rentals.
When booking Happiness Hills for a major event, you have access to all the facilities:
- The Grounds: the lawns on the Retreat Center campus, along with the campfire area, bridge, and event parking area
- The Barn: Seating / gathering areas + kitchen area (sinks, microwave)
- Kilday Cabin: 1 queen bed + 1 daybed with trundle (sleeps 2); loft with 2 twin mats; efficiency kitchen; 1 bathroom with shower (available summer 2020)
- Moore Cabin: 1 queen bed + 1 daybed with trundle (sleeps 2); loft with 2 twin mats; efficiency kitchen; 1 bathroom with shower (available summer 2020)
- Martin House Common Room: gathering room; full kitchen; 2 bathrooms with showers
- Martin House Second Floor: 2 bedrooms with 1 queen bed in each + 1 queen sofa bed; full kitchen; 1 bathroom with shower; living room; dining area
- Martin House Third Floor (“The Edisto Room”): 6 single beds; 1 bathroom with shower
- Riggs Roost: 2 sets of twin bunk beds + 1 cot (sleeps 5) (available summer 2020)
- Romig Roost: 2 sets of twin bunk beds + 1 cot (sleeps 5) (available summer 2020)
- Fleenor Flet: Deck under the trees with bench seating, 2 hammocks adjacent
- Bri’s Chapel: small, primitive chapel with 6 short pews
- Cottage (currently unavailable – occupied full-time)
A major event involves the whole retreat center for 2 or 3 days. No other rental of the campus would be scheduled. The following fees are the regular charges, however, each event is special and different so costs can be negotiated depending on the circumstances. Lodging is included for the number of nights in the charge whether or not lodging is used. Beyond the one to three nights included in the above fees regular lodging rates would apply.
TWO DAY / TWO NIGHT PACKAGE: $1,800 plus $200 security deposit
This rate includes all facilities and grounds, including up to 2 nights’ lodging, and parking for approximately 50 vehicles.
Check-in for all facilities after 3pm on Day One and check-out by 11am on Day Three (later checkout from the Barn can be arranged if needed)
THREE DAY / THREE NIGHT PACKAGE: $2,600 plus $200 security deposit
This rate includes all facilities and grounds, including up to 3 nights’ lodging, and parking for approximately 50 vehicles. This package is great for family reunions, group vacations, and multi-day training retreats.
Check-in for all facilities after 3pm on Day One and check-out by 11am on Day Four (later checkout from the Barn can be arranged if needed)
WEDDINGS: We no longer offer services or space for weddings. Our facilities are much more useful for simpler, cozier gatherings.